How to implement

How can technology be brought to those people who really need it? We have identified the Norwegian model “Roadmap for service innovation” as a great tool/strategy for digital transformation of healthcare and care services.

Photo: Unsplash

We have reviewed all national strategies and guides for implementing distance spanning solutions in healthcare and social care in the nordics. The Norwegian model for digital transformation, Veikart for tjenesteinnovasjon (Roadmap for service innovation), have a proven track record of successful digital transformation of municipal social care services in more than 200 municipalities in Norway.

Related links

Veikart for tjenesteinnovasjon

Overview of national guides, strategies and tools (PDF)

Roadmap for Service Innovation

The roadmap for service innovation is a guide where healthcare and social care personnel can access the support and tools to digitally transform their service models. It recognizes that 80% of the transformation relates to culture, leadership and organizational development and the remaining 20% is technology.

The steering committee of our collaboration has officially endorsed the Roadmap for service innovation as the guide/strategy for digital transformation of healthcare and care services. Our project promotes the use of the guide in all Nordic countries, and the guide is therefore translated to all Nordic languages.

Read the roadmap

Roadmap for Service InnovationDigital Healthcare and Social careDigital Healthcare and Social careDigital Healthcare and Social carePalveluinnovaatioiden kehittäjän tiekartta  


Roadmap for service innovation

How can technology be brought to those people who need it and/or don’t know how to use it?


Kristin Standal, from the Norwegian Association of Local and Regional Authorities (KS) and Katarzyna Wikström, from Local Healthcare district of South Lapland, of Region Västerbotten in Sweden.

Download presentations

Watch more webinars → 


Read more

Existing distance spanning solutions

With an ageing population and sparsely populated areas throughout the Nordic region, digitalisation and remote solutions are important prerequisites for maintaining the quality of the Nordic welfare model. But what distance spanning services for healthcare and care exists in the nordics?


Experiences from implementation

We have supported implementation of distance spanning solutions for healthcare and social care services in 52 municipalities and 8 healthcare regions. By monitoring implementation, a number of common challenges and experiences have been identified.


Impact on competence provision

With digital solutions we can, through a digital shift, improve the working environment for health care workers across the Nordic countries.